ph: +1 949 378-0941
Summary for Gleason and Klingelnberg machines with TCA and 3d.
In order to deliver gear machine summary for Geason or Klingelnberg machines we need some of the following:
- Several good pictures of the existing gear set taken at long focus from different elevations. Need to measure some dimensions like OD so we can scale the picture. Need hypoid offset (for hypoids only) to be exact and good approximation of mounting distances. This works well for making of replacement parts.
- Gear set drawing or initial design data for new parts.
- Nominal tooth data: a list of x,y,z coordinates of the gear tooth. This file can be generated on a CMM. This file is also commonly generated by Gleason or Klingelnebrg software. We reverse engineer the original gear machine summary from the nominal data.
- 3d gear CAD model of the gear or/and pinion tooth. Gear machine summary and the nominal data can be extracted from the 3d CAD model. Even if the 3d model is generated by methods different from Gleason or Klingelnberg methods we will calculate the summary for the closest tooth surface. This option is common when gears are cut in two steps: by CNC and generating methods.
1. Gear set evaluation based on:
- 3d software that is used in 50 countries
2. Summary data:
Cutter Point Width
Machine Root Angle
Hypoid offset (if any)
Cutter tilt (if any)
Cuter swivel (if any)
2. Contact pattern, contact pass, contact animation on all the teeth in 3d. At nominal position:
3. Tooth contact pattern with misalignments of mounting distance, hypoid and angle:
4. Proportional changes for machine settings correction if the contact pattern on a real part needs adjustment. The software generates the contact pattern for each proportional change. No need to iterate on the real part. Contact pattern development iterations are done on the computer program.
5. Tooth root geometry. Often, pinions with 7-10 teeth have undercut on the root. We deliver exact geometry as it comes out of the gear cutting machine so you can see the problem before you cut. Our program accurately generates the root for a given cutter tip fillet radius.
6. 3d CAD model of the set. The 3d CAD model will be exact as it comes out of Gleason or Klingelnberg machine. The value of 3d CAD model is to verify the design. You can see the top land and the root area. You can mesh gears in 3d CAD. Use 3d models for more accurate FEA.
7. Digital master. We deliver digital masters that are identical to the production gears including the tooth root area. Accurate digital master is required for some safety critical application such as helicopter transmissions or primary flight controls. In any other applications digital masters will save much cost if the gear set needs to be replicated.
8. Cut ring gears on a gear generating machine using non generating method a.k.a. FORMATE (TM of Gleason) for higher productivity and reduces cost. Cut the mating pinion on a 5-axis CNC. We provide summary for the ring gear generator and 3-d CAD model for 5-axis pinion machining. This method provides ideal tooth contact pattern for the ring gears that are cut in high productivity.
Copyright Spiral Bevel Corporation.
All rights reserved.
ph: +1 949 378-0941